The Ministry Team is responsible for doing community outreach to provide help and relief to those in need. Some of these efforts include:The Ministry Team is responsible for doing community outreach to provide help and relief to those in need. Some of these efforts include:
- Encourage the contribution of non-perishable food items for those in need
- Collect and deliver donations to the Lincoln Lutheran Food Pantry
- Select, support and designate benevolent needs of the community to receive special offerings in the months containing five Sundays. “Fifth Sunday” offerings are designated to be given to: Friendship Home, Lincoln Peoples City Mission, Bridges to Hope, Lincoln Area Mission Cluster Food Pantry, Fresh Start, and Habitat for Humanity.
- Collect, package and ship items collected for the annual “in-gathering” for Lutheran World Relief (including quilts, kits, and other items)
- Collect Best Choice labels and deliver those collected to Fresh Start
- Serve meals at The Feast and at Fresh Start